Tuesday 20 November 2007

Tapping the Power of Now

I've been reading the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle again and I'm able to notice negative thoughts a lot better recently. These aren't big negative beliefs rather little agitated or irritated pieces of inner dialogue; 'Why are those people always like that?', 'Why does this always happen?' So short they've usually passed by before I've had a chance to notice them. I guess once you've noticed the big issues and worked with them it's time to notice the smaller things and mop them up as well.

Eckhart suggests that you only need to acknowledge the negative thought in order to reduce its power. But I've be experimenting with tapping them and the deeper issues behind them. I see them as symptoms of underlying issues.

One of the important skills to learn is this ability to notice negative thought patterns, beliefs and emotions. It's part of what Magnus calls emotional literacy. It can be challenging because you'll often hide the things you need to work on from yourself. That's why most EFT'ers ought to work with fellow tappers to uncover issues lurking in their blind spots. In the mean time emotional literacy can be cultivated by being present in your body as Eckhart describes.

Applying the principles of the Power of Now together with EFT seems to work really well and I recommend you all try it.

Cornelis

No comments: